Wednesday 17 October 2012

Malisa Flame Grilled Peri Peri Chicken

I'm rather ashamed to say that this post is long overdue. We were hoping to dine at English Tea House but the notice at their door said they have moved to Perdana Park. There was a funny story about the process of find out just that. We are so desperate to go but you know how hard it is to find a good parking spot near Jesselton Point. So we drove around for several time and finally found a spot quite a long walking distance away, in the end we reached the restaurant only to find that they've moved. 

This is pretty much how we look like.
 (Btw that's Oruchuban Ebichu, I don't know what the Japanese words mean, tho)
Oh well, since we've never been to Perdana Park, we decided to go with it. 
(The things we did for the sake of good food.) 
I took tons of photo's but only a few of them are good enough

We got there, wandered around and finally located the place, however when the menu was presented, it wasn't of English Tea House but Malisa Flame Grill Peri Peri Chicken. Never mind that, we have already been all over the place to finally have our butts firmly planted on the seats, we can't just get up and leave, right? 
Let's just see what they got and give them a try. 
The interior, we are the only diners there

There are many side dishes to chose from
Besides, the seat we took gave us a good view of the musical fountain blaring out local traditional and international classical musics synchronized with the interchanging patterns of the water and colored lights. It was kinda pretty. Sadly my skills on the camera is inadequate to take good pictures in the dark, but I'm improving.
Complimentary olives
 I love olives! I think I'm the only one in the family who appreciate these. 
Garlic Bread! 
 I love garlic bread too!  
Couscous
 This is something new to me, but I sort of like it. The crumbly texture and various fragrant spices made this an interesting side dish. 
Beans
 Not a big fan of this myself, but my parents did.
Beans, beans, good for the heart, the more you eat, the more you- sorry, that was inappropriate
Got too carried away
Pink Lemonade
 I always wanted to know what is the big deal with pink lemonade, I still haven't found out yet.
Taste wise, like any yelllow lemonade, but the color sure is pretty. 
For every order of chicken, you get to chose 2 side dishes

Quarter chicken with Peri Peri sauce
 I couldn't quite accept spicy food, so I chose the quarter chicken with yogurt sauce below:
Quarter chicken with yogurt sauce
It was quite yummy, the sauce wasn't too empowering and the chicken was nicely tender.
The overall experience dining there is rather nice, and it's great to walk around the park, enjoying the music.

xx
LadyG

p/s: Usually I would painstakingly edit the colors and brightness of the pictures with Picasa's creative kit if they are taken in dimly lit restaurants, but since these are okay, I just used the Pixlr's Default effects (Josh), it gave the pictures a softer, brighter look you can get it for free at the Chrome Appstore. 

Sadly to say I never master the art of Adobe Photoshop, I even have the book- Adobe Photoshop For Dummies, haven't got past the first page. Sigh. Thank God (or more accurately, the creators of Pixlr and Creative Kit for foolproof editing apps.

No comments:

Post a Comment