Monday 31 December 2012

I can haz Macarons?

Macarons seems to be a huge trend this year, I've been reading about it and seeing pictures of these cute, colorful little confectionery delights for quite some times but didn't have the chance to try it. Finally spotted these, ahem, 'Imported French Macarons' at Tong Hing but they were bloody expensive at RM6.90 each, but I gave in and bought some anyway. The holiday season is making me do insane things with my money.
Earl Grey, Lemon, Salted Caramel and Orange


My favorite are Earl Grey and Salted Caramel. I've tried Strawberry and Vanilla too, but I didn't have my camera that time, you could check out the pictures through my Instagram @bloggerladyg.

The verdict: They were a little too sweet and not to mention, expensive, one could only indulged once in a blue moon. Unless I learn how to make macarons myself. I'll make that one of my new year resolution. On a positive note, they photograph so prettily, I'm willing to close one eye on the price of these things.

Spotted some at Le Safran, Suria Sabah at RM3.50 per piece, RM38 per dozen, unless my information is faulty.  Haven't had the chance to try them yet. 

xx
LadyG

No comments:

Post a Comment