Sunday 27 January 2013

The Young Victoria

Like any blogger, I check my blog statistics once in a while, what surprises me is the number of people finding my blog through the keywords: The Young Victoria. I've written a review on the movie previously, click here to view it, and it is the highest viewed posts and most frequently searched keyword in this blog. Although I am not quite sure how people get to my blog by typing those keywords, I've tried myself using Google Search and Google Image, but my blog is not exactly listed at the top. If you found yourself at my blog through the above keyword, do help me fulfill my curiosity by leaving a comment below to enlighten me on how you get here. Thanks. 

In order to cater to the high number of visitors searching for this movie at my blog, I'm going to post more photo's of Victoria's lovely gowns here. I would raid her closet if I could, I believe most of you would agree too. One of the main reasons why I love watching period films is to admire the beautiful clothes the aristocrats wore, so sumptuous, so glamorous, I could just....swoon. The details are so intricate  the material so luxurious, the hair, accessories, jewelry and every bits and pieces making up the outfit are just too lovely  for words.

Working in the costume department in a period film production is one of my dreams, working in a museum cataloging antiquities is another. History is always a fascination of mine. Other than romantic period films, I do love movies involving archaeology or Egyptology, never mind if the movies are not absolutely accurate.   
Even the undergarment...so pretty
"The untold luxury of being able to breath again. "
The idea of having an Abigail to help one dress up is also fascinating, the clothes are too complicated and detailed for a lady to put on by herself. If corsets are involved as a part of dressing up, it can be even more exciting. 

"Can't I be my own mistress for a while, haven't I earned it?"
This form of gallantry is nearly extinct





"For pity's sake, smile, woman. Anyone would think we had quarreled"

"Don't talk to me. "

Fortunately those are not the last words she said to him. I do hope you would like a new post I've put together for this movie. 

xx
LadyG

No comments:

Post a Comment