Tuesday 5 March 2013

Beware

I went to Harris that day saw some novels I wanted, they have this sticker '2nd @ Rebate 50%' so I bought four of them. The lady behind the counter asked me if I have a popular card, I sure did. So I handed mine for her to scan, thinking I might get an additional 10% with the 50% off.

When I got home and checked the receipt, I noticed that each book was given 10% off, but it did not mention 50% off for 2 of the books. I have a good mind to go back to the store but upon closer inspection on the sticker, it stated: 'Not applicable with Popular card and other Promotion.'

I felt cheated, why did the staff ask for my Popular card when she knew it will make the 50% offer invalid? I can remember the many times I have bought books with the 50% sticker before, which means I didn't really get to enjoy the offer after using my Popular card.

Let this serve as a lesson everyone out there, don't make the same mistake as I did. DO NOT use your Popular card if you're buying books with this '2nd @ Rebate 50%' sticker. Of course, you may use the card for normal priced items.


Disclaimer: I'm not trying to discredit Harris or Popular bookstore or anything. I'm a regular customer there and I appreciate my Popular card which gave me 10% off 'Regular' priced items. I'm just trying to bring up some awareness for other book lovers.

By the way, this book is from the Rouge Regency series: His Favorite Mistress by Tracy Ann Warren.

xx
LadyG
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. sigh....similar situation with u. Mine is with a restaurant instead of bookstoere

    ReplyDelete