Tuesday 12 March 2013

Harry Potter

Me and my sister took turns reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone out loud. My copies are battered because I read them so often in my teens. There should be a sign saying 'Handle with Care.' on the covers because some of the pages would come off.

It's been a while since I last read them, but surprisingly I can still recall some parts of the book word-by-word.

I prefer the book version compared to the movies. I don't think I'm the only one who dislike the movie version of this book. The movie is too fast paced to capture the magic of J.K Rowling's writing, the humour, especially. I think I've only watched the first few of the Harry Potter films, after that I didn't bother about it anymore.

One scene in the film that I'm particularly unhappy about is when Draco Malfoy called Hermoine a 'mud-blood' and Hermoine dashed off in tears. Hermoine in the book does not give a fig if anyone called her a 'mud-blood', and she certainly would not burst up in tears for something insignificant like that. Hermoine is stronger than what the film portrayed her to be. (I watched that movie when I was like 13 or 14, I still remember that scene)

No offence to fans of the movie. I just feel that the original book is better.
My bed side table is stacked with books
By the way, my favorite characters are Hermoine Granger, Luna Lovegood, Sirius Black, James Potter and Albus Dumbledore.
Hermoine for her intelligence, Luna for her oddness, Sirius Black and James Potter for their hotness and Dumbledore for his nobleness and great wisdom.

Yes, I do think Sirus and James are hot, sorry Lily. Too bad they're all dead. I also thought the young Tom Riddle would be really cute too. Don't we all love the bad boys?
So, who's your favorite?

xx
LadyG
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. LOL....cant comment as most boosk when turned into movie will not be as good as our imagination

    ReplyDelete