Monday 21 November 2011

Flan

Made Spanish style flan with caramel sauce using Jello's powdered custard, it's easy just following the instructions given at the back of the box or you could just as easily google a simple flan recipe. One box makes 4 to 5 cups of flan. I'm going to try something new with the pictures this time, as it looks pretty boring on its own. The recipe calls for 2 box of milk, but since I have some leftover cream in the fridge, so I decided to use that and 1 box of milk instead.

Stir flan mix with the milk and cream in a small saucepan and bring to a full boil on medium heat, stir constantly. Pour into individual bowls and refrigerate until set, I poured the caramel sauce last instead of at the beginning. Not that it matters, the end results are yummy flan. I'm going to try making flan without using the flan mix next time, I'm sure it won't be too difficult.




3 comments:

  1. seems easy enough but with my clumsiness sure to kaput one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, u cook too? Wonderful! We've more in common :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small Kucing: Mine isn't perfect either, I'm sure you couldn't do any worse than mine. Try it, it's easy.

    Blackswan: I'm just amateur, my food are edible but nothing to rave about. I do enjoy cooking once in a while, but limited to simple stuff only. :)

    ReplyDelete