Sunday 20 November 2011

Jello No Bake Cheesecake

The only cheesecake I've ever made is this Jello No Bake Cheesecake, its downright impossible to bake since we do not have an oven right now, will be getting one after we moved. What oven do you use, btw, and do you have any recommendations? The oven I used previously doesn't last very long and I'm not quite sure what I should be looking for while buying a new one. Do leave me some comments regarding ovens if you have any.

Okay, back to No Bake cheesecakes, I've made these a few times before and I find them too sweet, the instructions required me to mix the crust mix with sugar, but I cut that out as the crust is sweet enough as it is. The cheesecake cream is still too sweet, perhaps I should add more milk in it next time. As you can see in the picture, I had a box of Peach Jello as well, I'm going to experiment with it to make Jello cheesecake, read more about the near disastrous attempt.
On the left side is the crust mix and on the right is the filling mix
It's perfectly simple to do, just follow the instructions given and you'll be fine. It's fool proof, even a monkey with instructions reading abilities can do it.
Melt 5 tablespoons of butter in a pan
It's the last chunk of my butter, I just tossed it all in, after it was melted, pour it all into the crust mix as below:
The goodness of melted butter
Mix up your crust with the melted butter
Line your cake pan with the crust mix
Be sure to make it compact with the back of a spoon.
Peach Jello powder
Comes in white but turn peach when hot water is added to it. Lesson learned: After making the Jello, let it cool down a bit before pouring it on top of the crust.


Put it in the bottom shelf of your fridge to let it cool down a bit. I made the mistake of preparing the filling mix too soon, but it's still salvageable, but it's best to wait till the Jello is cooled down, poured on top of the crust, placed on the upper level of your refrigerator to set the Jello quickly and then whisk up the fillings.
Whisked together the cream powder mix and milk
I wonder if more milk will make the fillings more light and fluffy and less sweet? Does it work that way, we'll find out next time.



Step to step instructions are provided at the side of the box
Omit the 2 Tbsp sugar as it is sweet enough already. Just add the melted butter or margarine to the crust mix.
This is what I wanted to attempt, but failed
Looks good doesn't it, but I poured in the Jello whilst it was still too hot and the Jello mixture seeped into the crust  instead of setting like the picture above. Must wait till the Jello is cooled down and a little set before pouring.

 Made some fritters while waiting, one is ikan bilis (anchovies) and the other is lemak manis.



Guardian of the fridge
Disastrous cheesecake inside, DO NOT ENTER
It turn out okay, aesthetic wise, not so appealing, but it's quite tasty, I still find it quite sweet though. 

xx
LadyG

No comments:

Post a Comment