Monday 10 October 2011

Kedai Kopi LY

I have been searching high and low for Hakka Lei Cha Fan 擂茶饭  (Direct Translate: Thunder Tea Rice). It was known as a type of health food with detoxing properties. Normally this is made with different types of vegetables, therefore it is high in dietary fibre. Other things that would sometimes be added are such as peanuts, sesame seeds, chopped tofu, ikan bilis or dried shrimps. The rice could either be brown or white, I prefer brown as it gives the dish a good texture, usually this would come with a soup which is made with several different herbs and pounded into a paste, which is supposed to be good for the health. This is something you either love or hate. You may mix the soup together with the rice, or eat them separately.

 The last time I tried it is at a tiny stall in a tiny shop called Green Bean, they have the best Lei Cha Fan I ever have the chance to try. Unfortunately they have moved away, we have no idea about their whereabouts. If anyone knew who I'm talking about, please please tell me. We have been without this awesome dish for a long while after they moved and I have no idea where I could get this dish in Sabah. Desperation lead me to Google, and Google lead me to this restaurant at Taman Cantik, Lido.

The Lei Cha Fan here is okay, but not as good as what I used to have at Damai. At least this satisfy some of my cravings. I'm still in search for the perfect Lei Cha Fan, though. If you know any good places to have this dish, please leave me a comment. If you don't, you may also leave me a comment.


2 comments:

  1. I prefer to cook lei cha at home nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sonia, I've checked out some Lei Cha recipes from your blog, maybe one of these days I'll try them out. :)

    ReplyDelete