Saturday 24 September 2011

Hi Seoul! Korean Restaurant

Hi Seoul! A Korean Restaurant located at Likas Square is a place where I frequently went for lunch during workdays. They have the best Kimchi and gimbap in KK in my personal opinion. My favorite is their bulgogi set lunch, which is really fragrant as the thin slices of beef were stir fried with lots of garlic. I dare not partake often since my mom would nag me about my garlic breath, my colleagues probably noticed, but were too polite to say anything. I would arm myself with a whole tube of breath fresheners if I planned to indulge in my forbidden love for Hi Seoul's bulgogi (will blog about it another time)

Went with a few colleagues a few months back. All the dishes were good, as usual. The spicy stir-fried pork is a bit too spicy, though. You could ask for stir-fried beef and non-spicy version. Braised pork is very flavorful, the potatoes in it soaked up the sauces. Jap Chae are stir fried glass noodles with carrots, mushrooms, onions and greens, the portion is big enough for 2 or more person to share, its very filling. The pork steamboat are pork meat simmered in a sweet soup with various veggies in it, if you prefer beef, they have beef steamboat which is just as good. My bibimbap, rice seasoned with sesame oil in a hot stone pot, with julienned vegetables and other ingredients on it, which you have to mix well before consuming. You can opt to have hot sauce to go with it, or not, be sure to tell the waitress while ordering. Lastly, the gimbap, we had their special cheese gimbap with crabmeat stick, cheese, cucumbers and mayo. Their original gimbap with pickles and minced beef or pork were also delicious.

They have rather affordable set lunch which ranges between RM10-13, each set comes with 3 different Kimchi and rice with the dish of your choice. I looked forward to blog more about their other dishes which I had the chance to try before. Do give them a try if you're in that area.
Wide and spacious


Cold green tea

Hot green tea

Stir fried Jap Chae

Braised pork set lunch


Spicy stir fried pork


Pork steamboat


My bibimbap


Cheese gimbap


Boh liao

No comments:

Post a Comment