Tuesday, 13 September 2011

Smocking Project #2

Starting on my next smocking project, this time its a nice baby blue (though my mother insist its a blueish green) cotton. I picked a nice, simple design. Its just slightly different from the previous design you can see from this post Here. It's a lot faster to do compare to the last, I hoped to finish it very soon so I can wear it out. I might make this into a maxi dress with wide straps and perhaps, buttoned up back. Let me show you my work in progress through pictures.
I used 2 different shades of blue thread for the smocking, one darker and another lighter

I'm not very good at spreading out the pleats, they are not so even here. Hope it won't affect the overall look.

This is the pattern I used, from Sew Beautiful Magazine, 2001 Issue No 76, page 67
The photo in the magazine only uses 1 row of the pattern, I've sewed more rows for a full bodice. I hoped to learn to sew with a sewing machine, maybe my mom would teach me properly this time. I have always wanted to learn but its so complicated, with so many holes and loops to stick your thread through. I hope one day I would master the arts of using a sewing machine, no idea when that day would be, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment